Friday, September 24, 2010

High Squirrel~

High Squirrel
=========

A single slip would be certain death or at the very least a
severe injury.

I watched it run carelessly amidst what most would consider
extreme danger.

It was a squirrel.

It ran across power lines located over 30 feet above the
pavement. It seemed to dance, dart and dash above me as I stood
transfixed in the church door.

It was a MountainWings Moment.

Here was a creature in what I thought was great danger. Such a
situation would have me nearly paralyzed with fright.
The squirrel danced.

I thought of the many people whom I knew. I thought how some
lived like the squirrel, looking in front of them but never
dwelling on what’s behind or below. They had tough situations
in life. Frankly, some of the situations could make you
shudder; yet, they were happier than many with far smoother
conditions.

That simple squirrel on the electric wire taught me something.

I took my cell phone and snapped a picture of it. It’s not a
high quality picture; it was a cell phone and the sun was setting
but it captured the spirit of the squirrel.

Even when you face tough situations.
Even when things are down to a thin line for support...
Even when unpleasant things could happen if you fail or fall...
Even when the wind starts blowing.

Dance.


~A MountainWings Original~

No comments:

Post a Comment