Saturday, January 28, 2012



This is where my family lived when I was Saved~
This house is where we lived when I realized that I am a sinner and that I need Gods forgiveness! Of course it did not look like this then. A young Evangelist whose name was Daryle Friend had come to our church to hold a Revival. I could feel the Holy Spirit pulling me down that isle toward the old fashion Alter. There I poured out my heart to God to forgive me and ask Jesus to come into my heart and life and to save my soul, forgive me from all of my sins, to guide and direct me in the paths of righteousness for evermore. I really did not quite know just what was happening to me. It was the most wonderful experience that I had ever had in my young life. I knew the scripture in the Holy Bible that reads like this, "For all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God!" Romans 3:23 K.J.V. The very first Bible verse that I remember learning as a child was John 3:16, For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. Mark 16:16 - He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that
believeth not shall be damned. K.J.V.
I was baptized in the ice cold creek that was near where we lived in the hills of Ozark County. MO. I just knew that I would see the Holy Spirit descending upon me like He did when John the Baptist baptized Jesus in the river of Jordan!

According to the bible, Christians go immediately to be with Christ in Heaven--
2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
Christians' spirits don't die--

John 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
Those who trust in Christ have everlasting life--

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
No-one is married in Heaven--

Matthew 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
We can have treasure in Heaven--

Mark 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, ... thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
Jesus has prepared mansions for his followers in Heaven--

John 14:2In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Once we die, without the everlasting life of Christ, we face judgement--

Hebrews 9:27And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Those who don't trust in Christ are condemned--

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
God casts those who are condemned into hell--

Luke 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.
Hell is a place of torment and flame--

Luke 16:23-24 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, ...for I am tormented in this flame.
Hell is a place of physical agony, and unquenchable fire, to be avoided at all cost--

Mark 9: 43And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: 44Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
The wicked go to hell--

17The wicked shall be turned into hell,
Hell is described in Job 18 as a place of brimstone--

15 It shall dwell in his tabernacle, because it is none of his: brimstone shall be scattered upon his habitation... 21Surely such are the dwellings of the wicked, and this is the place of him that knoweth not God.
God doesn't want you to go there! Repent and trust in Christ!

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. Mark 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.


We have attended a little Southern Baptist Church since the beginning of the year 2000. My husband had never been baptized when he accepted Jesus as His Savior at the age of 10 years old. I wanted to be a member of the church where I already felt that I belonged. One of the requirements is to be baptized. We both wanted to be baptized so, on December 5, 2011 we were both baptized in to the church as members. My husband said to me, now I feel like I am complete! Praise God for his saving grace and abiding LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment