Monday, June 28, 2010

Deanies Weightloss Journey

We started our weight loss journey in January. We really did not do very good until we decided to buy the Flat Belly Diet Book. That was almost three months ago.

You can see that this picture is us at Christmas 2009!

We are a very happy couple who enjoys life and we live ours to glorify God. So it is only fitting and proper that we would like to glorify Him by the way we eat.

We simply LOVE TO EAT!


I saw a quote somewhere that I thought was a really good motto for me to go by when it comes to food. Here it is:


"Eat to live, not live to eat."


I have convenced us that it is portion control that helps us loose pounds, along with low fat foods, sugar-free or low sugar foods. We mostly eat fruit for desserts. If I bake a cake I put applesause and/or applebutter in it for replacing the oil. An Anglefood Cake is the best choice if we want cake.

Basically, we eat heart healthy foods, low salt, low fat and trying to due away with artificial sweeteners. They are everywhere! Especially aspertame.

I put the food on our plates. All of the usual things that make us gain pounds we have stopped eating, such as cookies, icecream and pies and cake.


Sunday is our free day when we can eat what we want if we can hold it! I have found that I can not eat as much as I once did, even when I want to let myself.




Welcome

TO

"Deanies Weightloss Journal"




Todays entry is the Sassy Water Recipe:


Sassy Water is A Flat Belly Diet Staple


2 liters water (about 8 ½ cups)
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger

1 medium cucumber,

peeled and thinly sliced

1 medium lemon
thinly sliced
12 small spearmint leaves, "I use two red and white candy mints"


Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and let flavors blend overnight.


Drink the entire pitcher by the end of each day.



My husband and I both drink the Sassy Water, so I make a double recipe.

We drink 8oz. just at the beginning of our breakfast and lunch meals.

I want to tell you that we are very flexable on what we eat as long as it is low fat, has no sugar or no sugar added.

No comments:

Post a Comment