Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lets Have A Closer Look

Qestions

1. What do you think it means when it says that when they heard this sound occurred in verse 6" Could they too hear the sound of the Holy Spirit Coming or did they hear the apostles speaking as they came out of the room.

They could hear the sound of the Holy Spirit!

Acts 2:6-8
New International Version 1984

6 When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard them speaking in his own language. 7 Utterly amazed, they asked: “Are not all these men who are speaking Galileans? 8 Then how is it that each of us hears them in his own native language?



You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you.

And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. Romans 8:9
2. How do you think you would feel like if this happened to you?

I would be so amased that I would be one of the first people to recieve the indwelling of the Holy Spirt that I depend upon in my life to guide me in my Savior Jesus' ways.

3. Put yourself in the city and you have all the people talking to each other in their own langugaes (It was Pentecost) do you think the city was quiet? Were the people talking quietly about this or maybe just one or two from each group?

It is my understanding that a lot of people were talking and each person understood others in their own tongue.

I do not know the answer yet for sure. I will have to do some research.

While those on whom the Spirit had descended were speaking in tongues, the disciple Peter stood up with the eleven and proclaimed to the crowd that this event was the fulfillment of the prophecy ("I will pour out my spirit") in Joel 2:28-29.


4.Do you find when you are in a group there are always who have a real desire to know what is taking place and serious about finding out. Then you have some who have the attitude of the mockers and don't take things seriously?

Yes, you are correct about the way different people act in a group setting. I find this to be true in my Sunday School Class. There are some folks who never say a word about the different subjects we discuss and then there are those like me that can not seem to be able to keep our ideas to ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment