Friday, July 30, 2010

Pressing on Toward the Goal~

We have each lost another four pounds this month, this makes Charles 25 Lbs. and 20 Lbs. for me! Yeah!! I will post an after picture when we reach our goal of being slim and healthy too!




You know that this is Paul speaking to the Philippians in the New International Version of the Bible:

Pressing on Toward the Goal
12) Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13)Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14) I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
15) All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. 16) Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

17) Join with others in following my example, brothers, and take note of those who live according to the pattern we gave you. 18) For, as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. 19)Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things.

I found it!!!

Here is the Prayer:

A Prayer For Weight Loss By Lynn

Father God, I come to you in the precious name of Jesus that you will perform a miraculous healing in my life concerning my desire to lose weight. Thank you Lord that nothing is impossible with you and that you can help take away my desire to overeat and fill the voids within me that cause me to seek food as a substitute.
Lord, touch my mind right now, help me to see what causes me to overeat, give me a strong desire to want to take care of my body and see it as you do Lord. Help me to make the right food choices and touch my mind with creativity concerning food and what I eat. May I be restored to divine health again.

As I strive to do this Lord, please bless all within me - my cells, and my metabolism - that they will function properly so I can lose the weight. And let me take it one day at a time and not worry about anything else but the cares of the day that I woke up to.

Thank you Father for loving me enough to help me through this.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment