Thursday, July 28, 2011

Trip to Southern Missouri and Northern Arkansas July 3 2010



I hope you enjoy some of my pictures that I took when we went to my Family Reunion this July!



On Saturday July 3, 2010 we took a little day trip to Arkansas and then we visited some of the places from my childhood.



We crossed the Bull Shoals Lake on a bridge where there used to be a Ferry Boat that would take us, car and all across the lake!






It is true that you can not go back home, that is and expect things to be the same! Time changes everything here on earth. Our God remains the same. He is the same as He was yesterday, the same today and tomorrow, He will forever be the "Great I AM."






I was taking the photo of the mountain, not the Dollar General store!







When my sis Cathy and I were teenagers, we would go to this wonderfull town to watch the movies at the ole Movie Theatre on the square. Do you remember "Love Me Tender," with Elvis?




This is the Court House in Mountain Home Arkansas. I did not see the old theatre on the square.



The next pictures are in Missouri where we lived when I was a child.



This old house is where we lived 55 years ago when I was eleven years old. This is where my family lived when I accepted Jesus as my Saviour! I have disapointed Him many times in my life, but Jesus has never let me down or left me all alone. He has never failed me! My mom and dad, my three sisters and I lived in this little house! It is located in Ozark County, in the same community where my Uncle and Aunt lived. This is only one of the many houses that we lived in while I was growing up in the Ozarks!! I have so many fond memories going back to this old neighborhood!



This is the Norfork River which is just below the big hill where my Uncle Bob lived!




These next two pictures are taken where my Uncle and Aunt lived and raised their family.




This is where my Uncle Bob and Aunt Gladys lived when I was growing up in Southern Missouri. It is sad that someone put old white siding on this beautiful, old rock house! If you look at the next picture you can see some of the rocks at the very bottom, look through the barbed wire fence! LOL.....Thanks for looking at my vacation pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment