Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Love Dare 40 Day Challenge----Day 2---May 5, 2009---Love is KindPosted by Deanie "CharlesAngel" on May 5, 2009 at 11:30pm
View Blog
.Love is Kind.

Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.---Ephesians 4:32

Kindness can be broken down into four basic core ingredients:

1). Gentleness---Never be unnecessarily harsh. When you speak with kindness you're sensitive and tender.
Even when you have to say something hard or harsh, you speak the truth in love.

2). Helpfullness---Means that you meet the needs of the moment.

3). Willingness--- Kindness inspires you to be agreeable.

4). Initiative---Kindness thinks ahead, then takes the first step.
When acting from kindness, you see the need, then you make the first move.

Todays dare: In addition to saying nothing negative to your spouse again today, do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness.

I completed todays dare.
I got the toenail clippers and nail buffer and I gave my husband a pedicure this morning without him asking me to do it then. He usually needs to mention it two or three times before I get around to doing it for him.I think that I am selfish, but today when I ask my husband what he thought about me and selfishness. He said that I am not selfish, that I am always doing things for other people and giving people things all of the time, not expecting anything in return. I do that because it makes me feel good to make others happy. So, there it is, I am selfish.
Todays dare was easy for me, my husband and I like to share our favorite candy bar.
I did not give my husband something big today. I bought him an Almond Joy candy bar and gave it to him. To let him know that I was thinking about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment