Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Love Dare 40 Day Challenge----Day 23---June 4, 2009---Love Always Protects---Posted by Deanie "CharlesAngel" on June 5, 2009 at 6:00pm
View Blog
.Love Always Protects---

The very best of friends, a sister or brother that wants you or your spouse to spend more time with them instead with your spouse can be an anemy for your marriage. I learned a long time ago that it was best for my spouse and me if I didn't schedule parties or get togethers with my lady friends on week-ends when it was susposed to be family or spouse time. There are always exceptions to the rule though. Now that we are a retired couple, I feel that we are susposed to share our time with each other.
We do have things that we do seperately. As a rule we retired to enjoy our lives together. I am always willing to share him with others that need his help. He is always doing work for others and not expecting anything in return. My souuse goes hunting in the fall when deer season is open. He goes fishing some too. I have a day that I volunteer at a food shelter, it is usually on Fridays.
We should always put our spouse before anyone else. What ever it is that steals each others time away is an enemy for our marriage. I don't think any of these things that I have mentioned hinders our marriage.

6-7-09

I have been sick this week with my arthritic pain and soreness that I have had a difficult time concentrating on The Love Dare day 23, so that I may move on to day 24.
I know that I must have something in my life that interfers with my relationship with my spouse.
I have prayed about this dare and I will have to tell you that the computer is the one thing that I do around my home that my spouse does not benifit from all of the time. I am not complusive about being on the computer. I can not throw it out, as the young man did in the Fireproof story. U sually when I read, he reads. When I am on my computer he is reading or watching what he likes on tv.
I am always on guard about anything or anyone that might try to come between my spouse and me in our relationship.
I learned early on in my marriage that I was going to have to share my new husband with others. That was not easy, you know when your love for each other is new, there just is not enough time in the day to spend with each other. Then the children come into your life, if you are so blessed and there is even less time for each other.

What it comes right down to, is loving your spouse more than you do yourself. We must put our spouse's needs before our wants or desires.
I am moving on to day 24. If you think that I should not yet, please tell me so!

No comments:

Post a Comment